Your hardwood floor will start scratching and losing it’s shine if you don’t use the right dust mop to clean it. These floors need to be protected from scratch marks, so you can pick from this list of the best dust mops for hardwood floors.
There are plenty of dry mops for hardwood with different features, most notable ones being round, rectangular wide, narrow, stiff, or swivel. I’ve tried a lot of these, and I would recommend anyone of the products I’ve reviewed below for protecting your wooden flooring.
Table of Contents
- Top Dust Mops for Hardwood Floors (Comparison)
- 10 Best Dust Mops for Hardwood (Reviews)
- 1. O-Cedar Easywring Microfiber Spin Mop
- 2. Swiffer Sweeper Cleaner Dry and Wet Mop Starter Kit
- 3. Turbo Mops Microfiber Mop Cleaning System
- 4. LINKYO Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
- 5. Sladust Big Wooly with Metal Telescoping Handle
- 6. JINCLEAN 24” & 18” mop
- 7. Blue Industrial Dust Mop Kit
- 8. Nine Forty USA Duster Broom Set
- 9. Eyliden dust mop microfiber
- 10. Generic Coffee Electrostatic Dust Mop
- Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Good Dust Mop For Hardwood Floors
- Types of dust mop-heads for Hardwood Floors
- Why you need a dust mop for your hardwood floors
- Best Way to Dust Mop Your Wooden Floors
Top Dust Mops for Hardwood Floors (Comparison)
Here’s a comparison of the top 8 dust mops for wood floors:
|Dust Mop||Name + Brand||Features||My Rating||Reviews|
|O-Cedar Easywring Microfiber Spin Mop||
|Swiffer Sweeper Cleaner Dry and Wet Mop||
|Turbo Mops Microfiber Mop Cleaning System||
|LINKYO Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop||
|Sladust Big Wooly with Metal Telescoping Handle||
|JINCLEAN 24″ Industrial Class Cotton Floor Mop||
|Blue Industrial Dust Mop Kit||
|Nine Forty USA 24 Inch Commercial Cotton Dry Dust Mop||
Hardwood flooring is durable, but its durability depends on installation, care, and maintenance. The cleaning tools used include mops, vacuum cleaners, brooms, and cleaning products. These can increase or reduce its lifespan.
Dust mops, also known as the dry mops, are more preferred for a water-sensitive floor like hardwood.
Dust is a regular visitor to your hardwood floor. Hard bristle or even some soft bristle brooms can easily scratch your hardwood floor. They leave a cloud of dust that ends up settling down again.
You can safely dust your hardwood floor using a dry dust mop. Most of these mops are fitted with a dry head used to clean up dirt, dust, pet hair, and fine particles on your hardwood floor.
As the name suggests, it is meant to be used dry, hence the name “dry mop.” Modern mops have removable heads that are washable for reuse.
Microfiber, cotton electrostatic materials used in making dust mops are able to attract and hold onto dust particles on your flooring.
10 Best Dust Mops for Hardwood (Reviews)
The best dust mops for hardwood floors include:
1. O-Cedar Easywring Microfiber Spin Mop
O Ceder’s Easywring mop comes as a package with a bucket system. It’s one of the best mops for both dry and wet mopping.
The mop outperforms many dusting mops available in the market. The following are some of the most interesting features I like about the O Cedar dust mop:
- Easy to spin.
- Has push pedal to wring.
- Cleans the corners easily.
- Flexible mop head.
- Got deep cleaning microfibers.
- Machine washable mo head.
- Has a splash guard.
- Telescopic adjustable handle.
- It is sold with 2 extra refills.
O Cedar Easywring mop has made dust mopping your wood floor enjoyable. It comes as a package with a bucket system. It is best for both dry and wet mopping.
It is one of the best mops that come with a bucket. The mop outperforms many dusting mops available in the market courtesy of some of the great features it has.
Some of the most interesting features I like about the O Cedar dust mop:
- Made with flexible microfiber head
- Its refills are easily available.
- It has ultra-dense material for easy picking up of dirt, dust and pet hair.
- Eco-friendly and machine washable mop pads.
- Washable heads up to almost 50 times.
Despite being the most popular desired mop, the mop spins when dusting your wood floor.
O Ceder mop being one of the best brands in dust mops for wooden floors, you might want to consider some of their other products which also score so well on our review scales. These top-rated O Cedar mops include:
- O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Flip Mop with Telescopic Handle
- O-Cedar microfiber flip mop
- O cedar Hardwood floor “N” More microfiber mop
2. Swiffer Sweeper Cleaner Dry and Wet Mop Starter Kit
Swiffer’s dry and wet mop also ranks highly on my review because it packs a punch when it comes to cleaning wooden floors and protecting them at the same time.
What’s included in the Swiffer’s Starter kit? You’ll get a mop head, 7 dry mops and 3 wet mops for your wooden floors.
The reason why I like this mop for my wooden floors is that the thick, dry sweeping cloths trap and lock dirt, pet hair, and dust from wooden floors.
Wet mopping-cloths also dissolve dirt and grime for good, trapping it in its core and locking it away from your hardwood flooring.
The most notable features of Swiffer sweep cleaner dry and wet mop include:
- Dry mop heads, with great cleaning action for dirt, dust & hair.
- It has an easy grip which is great for areas that need a little energy to get the dirt off the floor.
- Easily available dry and wet cloth refills.
- Fine-textured cloths to get and lock dirt and grime.
CAUTION: The manufacturer, however, does not recommend the use of Swiffer Sweeper wet cloths on unfinished, oiled, or waxed wooden floors.
3. Turbo Mops Microfiber Mop Cleaning System
- It is a professional commercial-grade mop for your hardwood floor. So, no jokes, it will clean your floor thoroughly.
- Its extra lightweight with a strong aluminum handle.
- The mop comes with reusable, washable mop pads over 100 times (which is a huge plus for saving money).
- Its handle is long and adjustable – 35-60” and strong enough for reaching places hard to reach.
- It has 360 degrees rotating spin head industrial grade swivel.
- The mop pad is a large – about 17” with a telescoping handle.
- Can dust-mop your hardwood floor to remove dirt, pet hair.
- The mops work great with apple cider vinegar spray on your hardwood floor.
The one thing that worries me: Tubo microfiber mop, according to long-term users and reviewers, may leave faint scratch your hardwood floor. if you use it over and over for a long period. So be careful not to overuse it lest you start to look for ways to remove scratch marks from your hardwood floor.
4. LINKYO Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
Linkyo is a microfiber mop built to last longer with a durable stainless steel handle. The handle can be extended up to about 70” for under furniture and high corners of your wooden floor. It is a 360-degree rotating mop for easy outmaneuvering.
The frame comes with an easy to clip design with a bonus microfiber that is machine washable for multiple times for reuse.
The microfiber cloths or pad are reversible for deep and dust mopping your hardwood floor. The mop has no slippage and glides effortlessly over the wooden floor.
The main notable features include.
- Heavy-duty mop.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to assemble.
- A great mop with 360 degrees rotating handle.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Highly durable and reliable.
5. Sladust Big Wooly with Metal Telescoping Handle
- Sladust mop is made of wool with natural lanolin laced mop disposable pads. The all wool head is durable with an 11 x 18” cleaning area.
- It has a metal telescoping handle, but strong enough and extends from 3” to about 59”.
- It has a swivel head that provides easy cleaning maneuverability
6. JINCLEAN 24” & 18” mop
Jinclean is made of sturdy industrial cotton (24”) and 100 microfibers (18”) mop. The two mops have a major difference in the material and size. Both mop heads are machine washable with 360 Degree rotating handle for easy use and maneuverability.
The best thing about this mop you may buy a refill for your desired size. If you have 24” you can buy 18” refill pack to use on your wood floor.
Comparison of distinct features of Jinclean 24” & 18” hardwood floor mops
|Jinclean 24” Industrial Class Cotton Floor Mop||Jinclean 18” Microfiber Floor Mop|
100% cotton head
100% microfiber head
Durable double-sided mop head
Machine washable360 degree rotating to reach all corners
Handle readjusts in not well tightened.
Mop head often comes out.
Pole might feel cheap
Loose mop head that leaves the blue color behind.
The main features of 24” this best mop for pet hair, dust and dirt particles include:
- It made from incredible cotton mop pads appropriate for clean mopping your floor.
- The mop has a strong steel telescopic handle.
- The mop is friendly but not suitable for chemical use.
- It has a reasonable price for its high quality and easy cleaning.
- It has a wide mop of 24” x 11” with an industrial-class cotton mop head.
The main features of 18” Version of the JINCLEAN for pet hair, dust and dirt particles include:
- The smaller version of JINCLEAN 18” is also available for small areas
- Ergonomics 360 head frame for easy cleaning.
- Microfiber dust mop that can be used for multiple household cleaning
- 18“ Is made from a good absorbent microfiber, for gentle dust cleaning your hardwood floor.
- It may be used for all detergents where wet cleaning is required.
- It has an 18”x 6” cleaning mop pad, which is double-sided. The pad attracts and locks the dust, dirt and hair particles.
- The mops are made up of chenille microfiber consisting of thousands of tiny fibers that are able to attract and lock in the finest dust, dirt and hair particles.
- The mop pads are reusable and machine washable. However, do not use bleaching agents.
- It has a dual-mode use mop head that is more versatile than other dust mops.
- It is durable and long-lasting when used with proper care and maintenance.
- The mop is thin and might end up scratching your floor.
- Not suitable for chemical use.
- The mop does or picks big particles, it just moves them around.
- Not suitable for heavy cleaning.
- The mop handle twists often when cleaning.
7. Blue Industrial Dust Mop Kit
The Blue Industrial Dust Mop is one of the very best dust mops for cleaning hardwood floors. It delivers superior performance than the rest of the products reviewed. Here are the great features you’ll get with this mop.
- It does not leave fibers behind.
- The cotton pad does not scratch hardwood floors.
- This is a dust mop made with cotton end style mops that are capable of being laundered close to 100 times.
- The mop is available in two settings. The one with aluminum handle costs less than one with a wooden handle. The ergonomic dust handle is adjustable from 47” to 77”.
- It has a closed-loop rather than cut loops. This ensures it has superior performance in removing dust, debris, and dirt. Closed yarn loops prevent the fibers from falling out thus extending its lifespan.
- The dust mop with wooden handle has 60” handle produced with professional yarn with twisted loop end strands for maximum pic up with reduced fiber loss.
- Twisted and closed yearn for both settings help reduce fire hazards associated with cotton end style.
The one thing that I found to be not-so-impressive is that there’s no smaller version of this product, which would have been suitable for cleaning small areas. The size can be a bit of a challenge maneuvering in small areas where you need to turn or move around objects to clear the dust.
8. Nine Forty USA Duster Broom Set
- 24’’ wide floor mop head made with cotton yarn
- It has Great maneuverability head and rotates 360 degree
- Adjustable aluminum handle from 42” to 72”
- Available in three-dimension 18 x 5, 24 x 5 and 36 x 5 inches cotton hand swan yarn
9. Eyliden dust mop microfiber
- It is specifically made to clean wet and dry hardwood floor. The mop is sold with 2 mop refills for wet and dry floor cleaning.
- It has an adjustable handle from 32.9” to 52.6” in length.
- It comes with 2 reusable microfiber pads that are soft, durable and machine-usable.
- Appropriate for all areas with hardwood floor; kitchen, restaurants, bathroom, garages, warehouse, office, etc.
- It has a unique snap design to install and remove the microfiber cloth. Press down on buckle and lift the mop or you just fold.
- Its microfiber head is made up of abrasive, durable mop pads. The pads are available 15 x 3.1 or 19.1 x 7.1 inches.
- Its ultra absorbent thus cleaning your hardwood floor without leaving any dirt, hair or dust particles.
10. Generic Coffee Electrostatic Dust Mop
- Less than a minute heat-up time for 15min continuous steaming time.
- Ecofriendly dust mop packaged with plastic basket.
- Microfibre fabric mop with a synthetic cloth.
- Four-side wringing type.
- The telescopic handle is corrosion resistance.
This is the best electrostatic dust mop for hardwood floor. It’s good in cleaning dirt and grime from your hardwood floor. It has HAI 360 rotating head, with an automatic mop for cleaning the wood floor.
It requires a heating time of less than 15 minutes. The rectangular mop head is made from synthetic (microfiber fabric) cloth with an aluminum telescopic pole.
Mop heads made from synthetic cloth
Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Good Dust Mop For Hardwood Floors
When selecting the best dust mop for hardwood floors, consider the following features:
- For effective dust mopping, consider yarn ply. Yarn ply consists of twisted fiber threads together to form a strand of mop yarn. This produces a strong dust mop for hardwood floor.
- Consider the characteristic of mop yarn. Mops with tightly twisted yarns are more long-lasting and prevent linting.
- Dust mops with the ability to release dust, dirt and pet hair. Microfiber mops rayon and synthetic mops head have better levels of release.
- Looped end mop offers better floor coverage than cut-end mops. Cut end mops, however, provide one of the cheapest brands, though they are not launder-able.
- Mops with reuse or machine washable are cheaper in the long run, unlike disposable ones.
Types of dust mop-heads for Hardwood Floors
Here we consider types of yarn and styles available for hardwood floors. Each has an advantage over the other depending on unique floor needs.
1. Cotton Mops
Cotton is a super absorbent material but inexpensive for use in all cleaning purposes. Its commonly used for mop heads due to its usability and versatility. Cotton mops are good for a spill, to pick up and light-duty cleaning for your hardwood floor. The cotton mop head has a demerit of drying slowly when washed.they are also prone to mildew and hence deteriorate extremely fast if they are not dried well and thoroughly.
2. Microfiber mops
Microfiber heads are made with fine synthetic fibers. These mops tend to be expensive just like synthetic mops. There are the most durable, reusable, washable for a number of times without deteriorating.
3. Synthetic Mops
These are man-made materials. It is one of the best mops materials that make the most durable and effective mop heads for your hardwood floor. The synthetic materials are mildew resistant and can be bleached without damage.
4. Blend mop
These are mops with head materials blend from cotton and synthetic fibers. The blend provides a good balance of affordability, durability, and performance. These are good mops for everyday dust mopping and cleaning.
5. Wool dust mop
Wool dust mop picks up dust without the need to use chemicals or even water. Mostly they come with the multicolored removable mop head. It has the advantage of picking up grit leaving your floor clean. Natural Lanolin is an impressive wool mop that is best used for hardwood floors.
6. Rayon mop
These are mops made from semi-synthetic fibers got from cellulose and has a texture of Nylon. Rayon material is a good absorbent, dries easily and fast as well as resist mildew.
One demerit for rayon is that it shrinks when laundered. It, therefore, requires preshrunk measures before reuse.
7. Electrostatic dust mops
These are dust mop that emits electrostatic charge. The charge polarizes pet hair, dust, dirt, and other particles to be attracted to the oppositively charged particles. The dust mop attracts the positively charged particles. The mop retains the particles until the dust mop is deactivated.
The mop are more effective, time-saving and easy to use will little effort. The electrostatic mops are more effective in cleaning than traditional mops. The floor may also be cleaned within no time since you need not to strains your back on E-mops.
8. Loop end mops Yarn
Loop end mops are durable but more expensive than normal cut-end mops. The mops made from this material can be reused many times as well as machine washed. They provide the best option for dust mopping your hardwood floor.
9. Cut end mops Yarn
These are inexpensive mops that
The mop heads are available in three styles namely
- Narrow headbands
- Wide 5” headbands
- Screw top headbands
The mops are attached to handles that are available in three options
- Wooden handle: light, rigid economical options. However, it breaks easily if mishandled.
- Aluminum handle: lightweight and economical handle, although can be damaged or bent permanently if mishandled.
- Fiberglass: lightweight, durable with an economical cost for its durability.
Why you need a dust mop for your hardwood floors
Dust mopping your hardwood floor help to remove debris and dust that vacuum cleaner could not remove. However, this not to mean dust mopping does what vacuum cleaner does. Vacuuming also has the power to remove dust, dirt and hair particles that are between boards which dust mop may not be able to do so.
Day by day, drinks, food not to mention dust, dirt from kids and people’s shoes get dropped on your hardwood floor. All these particles accumulate on a regular basis on your floor. Mopping your floor may be a tedious and tiring job to be done on a regular basis.
However, neither could you wish to live in a dirty space, so the easy way to quickly clean your flooring daily and reliable is dust mopping. Dust mopping, therefore, help address and take care of everyday dirt that tends to pile up on your floor.
Best Way to Dust Mop Your Wooden Floors
You may be wondering how to dust mop your hardwood floor and maintain its integrity. The wood floor takes the greatest wear and tears in our homes, dirt, dust, grime, and debris we collect outside. These do not only make your hardwood unclean but may also damage your investment.
Dusting mopping is an excellent way to get rid of dirt, dust, hair and other particles from your hardwood flooring. Unlike vacuum cleaning, microfiber and synthetic mops will not leave any scratch marks on your hardwood flooring. The following five steps are recommended foe dust mopping
Set a routine for dust mopping your hardwood floor. This is dependent on the unique situations for your house. How much traffic does your hardwood floor receive? You may conclude daily, fortnightly or weekly cleaning.
Once this is addressed you may now consider the dust mopping impediments you are about to experience: furniture and other obstacles.
2. Select Appropriate Dust Mop:
This may depend on a number of things discussed below. Size of your floor area, time allocated for cleaning and the traffic, etc. For small areas consider 36” mops while for larger area consider 60” and above.
Decide the type of the mop head you would like as discussed above depending on your unique needs: Wooly, cotton, microfiber, electrostatic, etc. The cost of the mop is also something worth thinking about.
3. Dust Mopping:
Dust mop your prepared area now that you have secured a mop. Push the mop, get close to the edges of the aisle, pull the mop head as you share out to drop debris in front of the mop.
Push all the dirt, debris, hair and other particles to the center or one side where you can remove them later with the dustpan.
4. Remove the Debris with Dustpan:
When dust mopping you left or pushed debris, dust and other particles in one place. Pick them with a dust pan and empty it in an acceptable trash container or garbage bag.
5. Wash the Mop Head:
Take the dust mop outside and shake the dirt off as much as you can. Depending on how much dust remains, if its reusable or washable mop considers laundering it. If the mop is only replaceable consider throwing it in a dust bin.
Dust mopping provides the first best way to prepare for deep cleaning your hardwood floor. You may consider vacuum follow up and then finish with damp or wet mopping. There are also many methods available on how to clean your hardwood floor using commercial or homemade products.