Caulk is used to sealing gaps, cracks, and crevices to protect the flooring from water damage, mold, and mildew. It may also help to prevent bugs from getting access to your home. Caulk is made to specifically adhere well on the floor and walls surface to stay in place for several decades. However, sometimes it calls for removing old caulking off your flooring. But which are the best caulk removers: tools and solvent?
Caulk Remover is a well-formulated solution, caulk remover tools, and solvents that aids in the removal of caulks and sealants from a variety of interior/exterior surfaces. Many Caulk Remover solvents work on almost all caulks and sealants; silicone, acrylic latex, and polyurethane in an easy way through the use of a spray bottle.
5 Best Caulk Remover Solvent
|Goo Gone Pro-Power Adhesive Remover||
|3M Caulk Remover||
|Orange Sol 10022 Contractor Solvent||
|Crown Tuff Strip Ultimate Caulk Remover||
|Krud Kutter Caulk Remover||
Here are the 5 best caulk remover solvents to consider as you plan to get rid of old caulk on your flooring surface.
1. Goo-Gone Pro-Power Spray Gel
- Safely removes the sticky mess without harming the surface; finished wood, painted surfaces, ceramic or porcelain, glass, metals, and plastics.
- Formulated with natural citrus scent and cleaning agent.
- Removes silicone caulk, sealants, adhesives, wax, oil, markers, crayons, glue, tar, window decals, glitter, gum, labels, and stickers
- Has multiple Use; wine glass label remover, grease remover, scuff eraser, window sill cleaner, adhesive remover, tar cleaner, crayon drawing eraser, to glue remover.
- Cleans Carpet Stains – Safe, fast-working formula that works excellent on carpet stains
Goo-gone adhesive remover is a spray gel that effortlessly cleans up sticky mess and stains around your home. It safely removes caulk and restores the floor to its original color and texture. Goo-gone adhesive remover can also be used to remove sticky wax, adhesive remover, tar, crayon, and even glues on your home surfaces, glass, etc.
Rinse the surface with hot soapy water once you get rid of the sticky mess. It’s a fast, safe working formula that works well on carpets and excellent in removing stains. However, goo gone can deteriorate the rubber surface, do not allow it to sit on it for long.
2. 3M Caulk Remover
- Effectively penetrates, dissolves, and softens all types of caulking.
- It can be washed off with just water and soap.
- It takes 2-4hours to work on your old caulk beads effectively.
- It comes in a squirt bottle for easy application along with the caulk beads, leaving little or no messy residue.
3. Orange-Sol 10022 Contractor Solvent
- Multi-surfaces caulk remover, even on skin and hair.
- Non-Hazardous and Non-Corrosive caulk remover.
- It leaves behind a citrus Scent.
4. Crown Tuff Strip Ultimate Caulk Remover
- Best caulk remover for showers, windows, doors, kitchen sinks, and bathroom fixtures.
- Breaks down and softens caulk within 2 hours.
- It clings even on vertical surfaces, up to 47 linear feet of caulk.
Crown Ultimate Caulk Remover is formulated to work on almost all types of caulk, including silicone. It breaks down the bond and softens between caulk and surface for easy removal. It’s best to remove caulk from bathroom fixtures, windows, doors, and even kitchen sinks.
Crown caulk remover dissolves, soften it up, and makes it flexible while loosening the caulking adhesion. It’s ideal for old caulks that are cracking, stained, and damaged and require removal. However, its not-so-impressive characteristics, it’s not ideal for use on bathtubs made from acrylic, fiberglass, and epoxy Coated.
5. Krud Kutter Caulk Remover
- Multi-caulks and sealants remover; Removes nearly all types of caulks and sealants(Silicone, Acrylic Latex, and Polyurethane) either indoors or outdoors.
- Krud caulk remover is made of a thick gel-formula to clings to the sealant and stays wet for longer with no need for caulk removal preparations.
- It made with Biodegradable, low-VOC formula; ideal for shower and tub enclosures, stone, and more
Krud caulk is a biodegradable and low-VOC formula that makes safe and ideal for the shower, tub enclosures, baseboards, wood, marble, stainless steel, glass, porcelain, stone, etc. It can be used to remove all types of caulks and sealants, either indoor or outdoor surfaces.
Krud-Kutter caulk remover will work on almost all caulks and sealants, including; silicone, acrylic latex, and polyurethane. However, one not so impressive characteristic is that it’s not recommended for use on painted or varnished surfaces.
Tip: It is recommended to always test the caulk removers on a small area before use. Be patient; the caulk remover requires time to soak until the caulk begins to loosen. Some caulk and sealants may require a longer soaking than others.
7 Best Caulk Remover Tools
|3 in 1 Silicone Caulking Tools||
|Bates- Paint Scraper 5 in 1 tool||
|Titan 17002 2-Piece Multi-Purpose and Mini Razor Scraper Set
|Plastic Razor Blade Scraper
|Reetree-Grouting & Caulking Removal Tool||
|Allway Tool CT31 07182000628 Caulk Tool||
|DAP 09125-8 Piece PRO Caulk Tool Kit||
1. 3 In 1 Silicone Caulking Tools
- Multifunction (3 in 1 ) Silicone Caulking Tool with a stainless steel blade.
- It has a rotatable triangle rubber with 3 bead profiles (narrow, medium, or wide). They used to apply caulk, smooth, and remove caulk.
- it has a plastic scraper for further silicone caulk clean-up
- Stainless steel caulk removal blade will not rust.
- Plastic scraper can be used to remove old caulk residue, acrylic, latex, and silicone.
The 3-in-1 silicone caulking tools can be used to remove and re-apply caulk quickly and neatly on your floor. The stainless steel caulk remover helps put out the old caulk bead with a simple pull and push motion.
The triangular beads are used to smooth freshly applied caulk and trim caulk. The tool is made with a soft handle grip for comfortable use as the scraper keeps the surface clean.
2. Bates- Paint Scraper 5 in 1 tool
- 5-in-1 multipurpose tool; paint scraper, screwdriver, paint can opener, hammer, crown molding remover, putty knife, box opener.
- It has a stainless steel blade, flexible- carbon steel blades. The blades are hardened for durability and rust-free.
- It has comfortable and durable handles with a soft grip, designed to last for longer without causing discomfort to your hands for longer caulk removal jobs.
3. Titan 17002 2-Piece Multi-Purpose and Mini Razor Scraper Set
- Compact multi-purpose scraper; to remove gunk, residue; scrape off caulk and sealant, remove window paint and wallpapers.
- Have polypropylene-ergonomic handles with TPR comfort sleeve and sturdy steel shaft to reduce hand fatigue and increase grip and control while working.
- The package contains; 9-1/4″ Multi-Purpose scraper, 4″ Mini scraper, a Protective safety cap, and extra replacement razor blades.
The Titan Multi-Purpose and Mini Razor Scraper Set can be used to scarp off old caulk and sealant in the bathroom, remove window paint, wallpaper, remove burnt food, gunk, residue, and borders around the house. The mini scarper compact design is ideal for hard to reach areas for day to day use. The multi-purpose scraper is made in a long reach design to provide leverage and is suitable for more heavy-duty scraping jobs.
It can also be used to remove labels, stickers, window film, decals, and other adhesives from households and automotive; car windows and windshields. The titan tool can be used on glass, ceramic, and induction stovetops and cooktops. The polypropylene ergonomic handle makes it comfortable to use, increases handgrip and reduces hand fatigue.
4. Plastic Razor Blade Scraper
- The multi-purpose pocket toolkit; It’s an easy to carry handy caulk scraper tool. Removes debris, glue, stickers, caulk, labels, decals from countertops, stoves, appliances, metal, glass, etc.
- Ergonomically curved handle for greater comfort and control. It allows you to complete the caulk removal job with a reduced effort.
- The package has 2 strong and durable sticker scraper and 100 replacement plastic to complete the task ahead.
- It is made from versatile plastic scrapers; constructed of high-quality hot injection-molded plastic that provides strength and stiffness.
- Made of Sharp and a scratch-proof blade scraper is an ideal tool for scraping away unwanted materials anywhere.
5. ReeTree-Grout & Caulking Removal Tool
- Multipurpose tool; can be used as a grout removal tool, caulking removal tool, grout cleaner, scraper, scrubber brush, tile joint cleaning brush, remove grout or cleaning for tile joints and seams or corner.
- Durable and long-lasting, made of an extra hard metal tungsten steel blade.
- Has 8 sharped scaping edges to choose from, which makes it easy to remove the sanded, unsanded caulk and grout.
- Has hard ergonomic soft, comfortable grip handle with fine, moderate, and big tips to fit in large deep joints and cracks.
6. Allway Tool CT31 Caulk Tool
- 3-in-1 tool; caulk removal & caulk smoother.
- Rotate silicone triangle with 3 caulk beads profiles – (1/8 in. – 3/16 in. – 1/4 in.)
- Soft grip handle for maximum comfort.
- It has a push and pull motion, stainless blade for removing caulk with added plastic scraper for clean up.
CT31 3-in-1 caulk tool can be used to remove and re-apply caulk quickly, leaving behind neatly done beads. The stainless steel caulk remover blade pulls out the old caulk bead with a pull or push. The scraper end can help remove the sticky mess and keep your surfaces clean.
The adjustable triangular rubber blade operates in three different profiles (narrow, medium, and large) for smoothing the freshly applied caulk bead. The blades are attached to a soft-grip handle, enhances comfort during use, especially for large projects.