Having a mold-free environment is a crucial part of a healthy life.
Not only is mold unsightly, but it can cause major health problems. Mold can cause upper respiratory tract problems and even the development of asthma.
I’ve taken the time to research and test these mold removal products to help you make the best choice:
The 7 Best Mold Removers
Here are the top mold and mildew removers/cleaners for your mold-infested floor.
|Product||Name + Brand||Features||My Rating||Reviews|
|RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover Spray||
|Wet and Forget Moss, Mold and Mildew Stain Remover||
|CLR Mold & Mildew Clear, Bleach-Free Stain Remover||
|Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover Spray||
|Professional Disinfecting Mildew, Virus & Mold Killer||
|Concrobium 25326 Mold Control Spray||
1. RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover Spray
- Goes deep below the surface to remove stubborn mildew and mold stains.
- Removes unwanted stubborn odor; musty smell, damp smell.
- Fast-acting spray-on mold-infested floor, grout lines, shower in multiple surfaces: wood, vinyl, concrete, brick, tiles, and bathtubs.
- Spray and wait formula, no scrubbing needed, just wait and see stains disappear.
- Removes and prevents mold &mildew as well as kills 99.9% of bacterias.
RMR-86 Instant mold and mildew stain remover is a scrub free formulated spray that can be used in multiple flooring surface and bathroom or shower cleaner. It’s formulated to get rid of all stubborn mold and mildew stains on your surface. It’s one of the best cleaners to get rid of black mold and mildew stains left behind-deep below the surface.
The fast-acting formulated spray help get rid of unwarranted odor leaving your floor musty-free and damp-free smell. If you have a musty kitchen, toilet and floor look no further. No scrubbing required to get rid of black mold stain, just spray and wait to get rid of stubborn stains on multiple flooring; vinyl, concrete, brick tiles, etc. You may decide to buy RMR complete mold and mildew prevention kit spray.
2. Wet and Forget Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
- Contain no bleach, acid and caustic.
- Scrub free and non-rinsing mold remover.
- Multisurface cleaner and stain remover for any outdoor surface; concrete, brick, stucco, aluminum, painted surfaces, siding, decking, and even roofs.
Wet and forget is an excellent moss, mold, mildew, and algae stain remover that lets you spray and leave on, with no need to rinse application. It’s a perfect cleaner for many outdoor surfaces: concrete, brick, and even roofs.
Wet and Forget is made of a unique combination of biodegradable selective surfactant to get rid of moss, mold, and mildew on any exterior surface. Dilute and spray it on the unsightly stain. It’s uniquely made such that any time it rains its cleansing and mold and prevention power reactivates leaving your floor mold stain-free up to about 1 year after application.
Wet and forget is bleach-free and safe to use on virtually any outdoor surface with the ability to almost unlimited shelf life. It’s bleach-free, phosphate-free, non-acidic, non-caustic, and biodegradable.
3. CLR Mold & Mildew Clear, Bleach-Free Stain Remover
- Powerful in removing tough surface mold and mildew stains from multiple surfaces from tile, showers, bathroom surfaces, tents, hardwood floors, hard plastics, automobile tires, wood, grout, and fiberglass.
- Fast-acting bleach-free mold stain remover. It has a sprayer for direct application.
- It comes with an effective trigger spray handle that allows even application on hard o reach area and overlarge area.
CLR mold and mildew bleach-free stain remover come in a foaming solution that helps prevent splash-back and helps maximize contact time on the flooring surface. This bleach-free formula is a certified EPA safer choice.
It’s a good practice to always test on a small hidden area before applying it on the surface, and opening the exhaust fan and open windows. Wear heavy-duty vinyl gloves and a face mask when removing the excess cleanser. After application on the mold and mildew stains allow the cleanser to sit for about 10 minutes. However, at times, it may require the second application on older stains.
4. Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover Spray
- Cleans and disinfects the flooring surface quickly and effectively.
- Tilex kills common household mold, mildew, and bacteria on a variety of hard nonporous flooring surfaces; glazed and unglazed ceramic tile, tubs, shower doors, counters, sinks, and no-wax floors
- Powered by Clorox Bleach with smart tube technology that allows and guaranteed to spray every drop.
5. Professional Disinfecting Mildew, Virus & Mold Killer
- It’s an effectively commercial grade cleaner and disinfects of hard surfaces, such as bathrooms, floors, and walls.
- It’s an effective cleaning formula for a wide variety of mold and mildew like black mold and stains.
- Non-abrasive lemon-scented disinfectant cleaner for almost all hard surfaces.
Professional mildew and mold killer is a concentrated liquid disinfectant that utilizes a phosphate-free formula. It’s an effective cleaning solution with disinfecting and deodorizing abilities on a wide range of hard, non-porous flooring and other surfaces.
The cleaner is non-abrasive, safe to use on delicate surfaces, and leaves behind a fresh lemon scent, and deodorizes areas that are even hard to keep fresh smelling like restrooms or even dust bins.
It is an effective commercial grade disinfectant to kill mold, mildew, and a wide variety of viruses and bacteria. The cleaner is ideal for use in homes, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, food processing facilities, food service facilities, transportation terminals among others.
6. Concrobium 25326 Mold Control Spray
- Effective mold control eliminates existing mold and musty odor and prevents mold re-growth with no harmful chemicals.
- Unique mold spray, bleach, and harsh chemicals free that can clean a wide range of flooring and other surfaces.
- It’s easy to use formula, just spray and wait to dry. It’s an EPA-registered formula that crushes mold spores as it dries and leaves an invisible barrier.
Mold removers considerations [+Buyers guide]
Mold typically tend to thrives in moist, damp and dark environments especially where temperatures range between 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Its important to identify the type of mold and its potential effects to your health.
Identifying also allows to decide the best methods to get rid of mold immediately as well as prevent its recurrence. In many cases mold does not only affect your floor but also walls, ceiling and other structures.
Here are some of things to consider when buying mold remover.
- The mold remover should not only removes mold but also prevents it from reappearing. This protection should be able to keep your home healthy, safe and with fresh air.
- The mold remover should give quick results with one spray action and have long-lasting effects.
- The mold remover should be safe to use and durable without causing harm to your flooring, tiles and walls.
- The mold remover should kill bacteria and fungus.
- The Mold removers should not discolor or bleach out the flooring material and prevent mold reappearing.
Types of Mold
Mold is fungus that can grow in any damp and moist place in Earth, infant we have more than 100,000 types of mold that can grow both indoors and outdoors. Mold come in different types and have different colors; white, green and black. Its important to be able to identify the type of mold, its characteristics, growth patterns and the its potential health effect to you, the family and even pets for the pet lovers.
In general mold can broadly can be classified as;
- Allergenic:– This type of mold generally causes allergic reactions to you and family-like asthma. These types may include Trichoderma, Aspergillus, Aureobasidium, Fusarium, Mucor, Penicillium, Ulocladium.
- Pathogenic:- This type of mold causes health problems especially in those suffering from an acute illness. They include Acremonium, Chaetomium, Chaetomium, Cladosporium.
- Toxigenic:- This is a type of mold that produce toxic substances that can lead to dangerous or even deadly health conditions like cancer, liver and kidney conditions.some of these molds include Acremonium, Aspergillus, Stachybotrys
Some of the symptoms as a result of a mold infestation in your home include:
- Nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, lung infections, eye and skin irritation, asthma, coughing, and chronic conditions like pulmonary, cancer, liver & Kidney conditions.
However, the good thing is you can be able to prevent mold in your house; floor and walls.
Tips: Mold Prevention Measures
- Fix any water leaks.
- Put home humidity control measures.
- Ventilate water prone area.
- Clean any accidental spills and after flooding.