As a pet owner, pet messes are a common thing you deal with on your floors. Dog urine, if left on hardwood floors, can cause deep stains and bad urine odor in the house. The best solution I’ve found is using a good cleaner that removes dog urine stains on hardwood floors.
Enzyme-powered cleaners like Rocco and Roxies and Bona are the most effective for removing dog urine and odors. If you prefer homemade solutions, DIY fixes such as hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and vinegar can suffice.
Table of Contents
- 8 Best Dog Urine Stain Remover and Cleaners For Wood Floors
- 1. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
- 2. Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- 3. Nature’s Miracle P-98151 Stain and Odor Remover
- 4. ANGRY ORANGE Citrus Pet Odor Eliminator
- 5. Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator
- 6. Pet Stain & Odor Miracle Enzyme Cleaner
- 7. Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stain and Odor Remover Enzymatic Cleaner
- 8. BUBBAS Super Strength Commercial Enzyme Cleaner Pet Odor Eliminator
- Buying Guide – Features of a Dog Urine Stain Remover
- Things to void
8 Best Dog Urine Stain Remover and Cleaners For Wood Floors
Strong odor and unsightly black marks on your hardwood floor can take a lot of effort to get rid of, that’s why I prefer a product that’s formulated specifically for this task.
Here are the best cleaners for dog urine on hardwood floors:
|Product||Brand + Name||Features||My Ranking||Price|
|Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator||
|Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner||
|Nature’s Miracle P-98151 Dog stain and odor remover||
|ANGRY ORANGE-Citrus Pet Odor Eliminator Pet Spray||
|Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator||
|Pet Stain & Odor Miracle – Enzyme Cleaner||
|Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stain and Odor Remover||
|BUBBAS Super Strength Commercial Enzyme Cleaner – Pet Odor Eliminator||
Keep in mind that harsh products and ingredients can ruin your wood floor as well as be dangerous for pet or even your kids. I’ve tried various products for cleaning dog urine on my hardwood floor and here’s my reviews of the top dog urine cleaners for wooden floors:
1. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
- Effective pet odor and stain remover
- Natural enzymatic formulated
- Gentle and safe on floor, kids, and pets
- Multisurface cleaner-wood, concrete, vinyl, furniture, and upholstery.
This is an enzyme powered stain and odor remover. It can be used in multisurface like wood, carpets, concrete, vinyl, and laminate. You may use in pet urine stain and odor on furniture, clothing, and even upholstery.
The natural enzymatic bacteria act on contact with stains and odor effectively leaving your surface stench-free. Simply spray on the stain and odor smelling area and surfaces. It is also good for sanitizing pet carriers, kernels, living, and sleeping areas.
Keep in mind that bleaching is not a good idea for hardwood floors.
The Rocco and Roxie cleaner doesn’t contain bleaching agents like chlorine ammonia or any other bleaching agent which makes it effective cleaner for your hardwood floor.
2. Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Ready to use cleaner
- Dries fast
- Residue-free cleaner
- Low VOC- Formaldehyde free stain remover
Bona hardwood floor cleaner is an easy to use stain and odor remover. It’s a water-based cleaner formula that dries fast with no sticky residue left behind on your floor. The cleaner may be bought with a sprayer bottle or as a refill package from 32 oz to 128 oz. It is a green guard gold certified low VOC and formaldehyde-free cleaner.
It is a pH neutral formula that helps maintain your floor’s finish and helps protect wood floors from fading and discoloration. It works well when used with bona spray and clean mop cleaner.
It’s safe for use in unwaxed or even finished hardwood floors. Bona is a gentle cleanser and effective in removing dust, dirt, and grime to reveal the wood floor’s natural shine and beauty without a sticky floor after mopping.
3. Nature’s Miracle P-98151 Stain and Odor Remover
- Liquid enzyme formulated solution
- Effective urine odor
- Multisurface Cleaner, ceramic, linoleum, and vinyl surfaces.
- Cost friendly.
Nature’s Miracle hardwood cleaner is a bio-enzymatic formula for urine odor and stain removal. It doesn’t have any bleaching agents like ammonia and chlorine.
However, care needs to be taken especially for laundry and cushioned or even soft surfaces. Read the instructions carefully before use, carefully store as directed.
This pet liquid enzyme -stain and odor remover may be used also in beddings, laundry. It also helps in discouraging the pet messing in the same place or areas. It comes with a different package from 16 oz to 192 oz.
The cleaner is safe for use in a house where there are children and pets. For dog stain removal, lift off the solid material, then saturate the area or spot with stain and odor remover. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes before wiping with a microfiber cloth. In case the stain and odor persists, reapply and wait for a longer time for about one hour.
On porous surfaces consider using a brush to work the solution into the stained area. When using the clean on fabrics and clothing
Use as a prewash, saturate, and wash as usual. The cleaner can be used on carpets even when using cleaning machines. In this use, I recommend diluting it 50-50 with cold water.
Tip: When using in living areas, birdcages, and litter boxes, consider using a full-strength solution.
4. ANGRY ORANGE Citrus Pet Odor Eliminator
- Ready to use cleaner
- Multisurface deodorizer: carpets, tile, wood, grass, etc
- 2X odor-fighting power.
- Safe for pets and kids
- Orange-Scented urine odor remover
Angry Orange Citrus Pet Odor Eliminator is a ready-to-use, powerful pet urine stain and odor remover. It requires no mixing or diluting. Just spray directly on the pet pee and solid waste.
Being a multipurpose deodorizer, you can use it to clean carpets, wood, tiles, grass, pens, and litter boxes in the yard.
This urine odor and stain remover has 2 times more odor fighting power. The fierce and fresh scent left behind is pet and kid-friendly. However, avoid applying it in the steam cleaner or diffuser.
5. Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator
- Removes stool, urine, and vomit odor.
- It contains natural microorganisms to neutralize pets and kids’ urine odor.
- Non-toxic, biodegradable
- Pet and Kid-friendly cleaner and stain remover.
- May be used in patios, yards, concrete, etc.
The cleaner and stain remover is made from a non-toxic, biodegradable formula that neutralizes and gets rid of stinky dog and cat urine and feces odor.
Apart from being safe for hardwood floors, it works well on other different surfaces and may be used even in outdoor areas like on grass, patios, decks, kennels, and synthetic turf.
For use, first, remove the solid waste, shake the bottle well. Apply on the area safely, avoid pointing nozzle to pet and people’s direction.
For deep cleaning and extra soiled areas, spray and then scrub the area with a brush until the stain is gone. The solution is safe to use around pets and people leaving behind a fresh clean scent on your floor surface.
6. Pet Stain & Odor Miracle Enzyme Cleaner
- Powerful natural enzyme formulated.
- Gets rid of urine, feces, vomit, and drool.
- Safe for multi-surface floors, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Prevents repeat marking and keeps the pet at bay.
- Safe around children and pets.
This product for pet stain and odor remover come with 60 days money back guarantee.
7. Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stain and Odor Remover Enzymatic Cleaner
- Best for dog and cats urine and feces
- Dual-action formula
- Comes with 3-in-1 nozzle (Squirt stream, mist, and foam setting)
- 3 times stronger extreme stain and odor remover
The simple solution cleaner is 3X stronger for extreme stain and odor removal. It eliminates dog and cat odors and stains on your wood floor faster than other products. The cleaner, once used, leaves behind a refreshing breezy scent.
The cleaner is formulated to safely and quickly remove feces, urine, vomit on wood floors, carpets, upholstery, bedding, and other surfaces in your home.
The formula discourages cats and dogs to repeat the mess in the same spot. It’s safe for use around pets and children, being a pro-bacterial and enzyme-based.
To discourage repeat marking, the Simple Solution Extreme Enzymatic cleaner neutralizes the stain and odor to stop repeat marking by pets such as dogs.
The Multi-functional sprayer makes it good for use for different settings.
- Foam setting – Works hard to break down the stains using powerful cleaning enzymes and is the best way to attack pet messes.
- Stream setting- Is used to eliminate odors and get into the crevices of floor surfaces for more accuracy.
- Mist setting- Let’s you cover a larger area to clean up more stubborn stains and messes.
8. BUBBAS Super Strength Commercial Enzyme Cleaner Pet Odor Eliminator
- Strong and refreshing breeze-scented odor remover.
- Safe around kids and pets; dogs and cats.
- Enzyme formulated cleaner.
- Eliminate tough pet odors and stains.
- Discourage repeat marks by pets.
The Bubbas super strength is an enzyme formulated cleaner with dormant bacteria that get activated with contact with odor smell and stain contact on your surfaces like area rugs, furniture, upholstery, and carpets. The cleaner is safe to use for an area with pets and kids.
You can alternate it with hardwood cleaners in cleaning your bathroom, kitchen, and other rooms. This product uses natural dormant bacteria to get rid of the dog urine stain on different types of floors. It is specially formulated for deep cleaning urine stains and odor.
You can use it in different areas in your house like the kitchen, bathroom, laundry and many more. It may also be used to remove shoe odor, use in laundry to remove a tough set of deep grass stains. Other uses include being on litter box to get rid of odor-causing bacteria. It can be used for area rugs and carpets to completely get rid of stain and pet enzyme odor.
Buying Guide – Features of a Dog Urine Stain Remover
A good cleaner for dog urine stains with the following ingredients works better to get rid of urine odor, stain, and rejuvenate the wood floors.
Hydrogen peroxide is an oxidizer that neutralizes ammonia found in urine. It kills bacteria, gets rid of the smell, and protects your floor from corroding.
Enzyme cleaners use an enzyme to break down the pet pee (uric acid) and the bacteria in it to prevent hardwood floor damage. The enzyme targets the urine stain and frees all the ingredients found in it, including ammonia that gives off the stench. It also puts off the dog or other pets from peeing in the same spot again.
This is a good neutralizer that, when poured on spotty pet pees, neutralizes uric acid and removes ammonia from the hardwood floor. It also helps keep dogs and cats away.
Your pet will hardly relieve himself at the same spot again. For efficiency, if using powder baking soda, allow it to sit on the spot for about 6 hrs before wiping it out.
Good dog urine cleaners for hardwood floors should not leave any residues behind after the cleaning job.
This will especially maintain your floor in good condition while preventing dullness, residue stains, and slipping risks. In short, the cleaner should be residue-free.
This one is not an ingredient, but it is something you want to consider when choosing a good dog urine cleaner for your hardwood floor. Keep your pets and children safe, so buy a product that does not have any side effects to any of these.
Training your pets is one of the best ways to prevent pet urine and feces on your floor. Cleaning the mess immediately goes a long way in maintaining your luxurious and aesthetic wood floor.
Old stains on old flooring may require you hires a flooring cleaning professional. In addition, you may opt for cheaper methods of removing dog urine from your hardwood with homemade methods.
Things to void
- Leaving the pet urine to dry on your wood floor.
- Using and soaking your wood floor with plain water.
- Bleaching and using abrasive products.
- Using white vinegar -it’s acidic.