Bamboo is one of the eco-friendly, natural, and organic floorings. It is an exotic species with natural beautiful color choices of different hues and varieties. However, streaks and dulling remain a major problem. But, how do I make the bamboo floor shine without streaks?
Cleaning the bamboo floor requires the use of the right wood cleaners that can leave your floor rejuvenated and with restored shine. While natural, solid, engineered, and carbonized bamboo floor tends to be forgiving, humidity and too much water remain a threat to your bamboo floor.
Which Is the Best Way to Clean Bamboo Floors?
The best way to clean the bamboo floor is very similar to how to clean hardwood floors. Lightly damp mopping remains the secret for cleaning the wood floor, with appropriate cleaning products. I advise you to read the manufacturer’s warrant before using any cleaner on it. The use of some products voids the manufacturer’s warranty.
The best way to clean the bamboo floor is to prevent dirt and dust build-up using the below measures.
- Regularly sweep and dust mop your floor to prevent dust and dirt particles or even pet hair build-up. This will help prevent dull bamboo floor, scratches, and other dark stain or white stains on your floor.
- Use pH-neutral wood cleaners with a microfiber mop every week.
- Use vacuum cleaners meant for hardwood floors as you avoid wet and steam mopping that can lead to warping and buckling.
- Always wipe accidental liquid spills immediately with a dry microfiber cloth to prevent dark water stains on your floor.
- Remove all dark and haze on the bamboo floor with stain remover. Use hardwood floor cleaner and rub the scuff mark with a microfiber cloth.
How Do I Stop My Floor From Streaking?
Bamboo floors are known for their eco-friendliness, durability, and its resistance to moisture and also insects. However, even if they do put up a fight under stress, taking proper care of bamboo floors will allow them to look great and prevent dullness and streaks for decades.
Can I use Murphy oil soap on bamboo floors
Murphy oil soap is made from vegetable oil. Oil cleaner soaps are not recommended for cleaning bamboo or any wood floor. The use of these solutions will leave you with a cloudy haze on your floor that will eventually streak.
Murphy Oil will remove the brightness on your laminate, and you will have to incur more expenses to restore the shine later. However, you can remove cloudy haze caused by murphy oil soap, by wiping it off with a mixture of warm water and vinegar.
Can I use pine sol on bamboo floors
Pine-sol is good for cleaning the hardwood floor, especially the bamboo floor. However, ensure the floor is sealed or finished with a protective coat to prevent damages on your floor. Follow the precaution, on how to use pine sol to clean the hardwood floor. Avoid using pine sol on worn out and waxed or oiled bamboo.
Is Vinegar safe for bamboo floors?
Vinegar is a good cleaner for bamboo flooring. However, how do I clean dark bamboo floors with vinegar? Use diluted vinegar in the ratio of 1: 4 of warm water for safety. The mixture will allow you to clean your bamboo flooring safely. Spray on a portion and clean it before moving on to the other part to avoid wet mopping. A damp sponge or wrung dry rug will do the work perfectly, leaving your floor with natural luster and shine.
In conclusion, you can remove cloudy haze, and streaks on the bamboo floor so as to restore its brightness. Wash it off with a mixture of vinegar and warm water. In extreme cases, the sand screening finish might be the only solution to dull floor and streaks on the bamboo floor. In a few scenarios, the oil may make your floor swell up and bubble as it seeps into the flooring wood joints between the flooring planks.
Here a video on how to use vinegar and water to clean bamboo without streaks.
Why Does My Bamboo Floor Look Dull?
Choose the best cleaners solution for a bamboo floor like bona bamboo floor cleaner, morning star bamboo flooring cleaning, bam Brite bamboo floor cleaner, and ph neutral wood floor cleaner
Ways To Prevent Dull & Streaky Bamboo Floor
The bamboo floor is great in strength and durability, thus requires little care and maintenance. This is to help protect the bamboo floor, making it sparkle and shine for decades when done correctly.
Here are tips for cleaning and maintaining the bamboo floor.
- Dirt, dust, and grime is a major enemy to your bamboo floors because they scratch your floors. Soft bristle broom and dust mops for hardwood floors can do the work or vacuum daily.
- Regularly use ph neutral cleaners to restore luster and rejuvenate your floor.
- Use area rugs and doormats as you also encourage people to leave footwear outside.
- Avoid wax and furniture polish because it will leave you with a sticky floor after mopping and with a lot of residues.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaning products.
- Maintain the room humidity level between 40 to 60 percent and a temp range(60-80) degree Fahrenheit.
- Never steam clean or wet mop your bamboo floor.
- Avoid pushing or pulling heavy furniture on your floor.
- Replace the worn-out furniture pad or fit all your furniture with furniture pads.
Here a video on how to clean and maintain bamboo floor
Never use steam mops on your hardwood floor. The bamboo floor, just like any wood floor, will get soaked by steam from inside, causing cloudy haze, warping, and buckling of your floor. Do not wet or steam mop your wood floor.
You can use Murphy oil soap to clean your bamboo floor. However, you may notice a slight haze on your floor afterward. One needs to be careful since the haze becomes more noticeable with each new application of the oil soap. Although the danger may not be so extreme, it can cause the bamboo floor to swell if it seeps into the joints between the boards.
In case the oil soap has progressively dulled the finish on bamboo flooring, you’ll want to restore the shine. Wash it off with a mixture of vinegar and warm water. In some cases, it may require sanding and refinishing your bamboo flooring.
Bona hardwood cleaning products can be used also to clean dull and streaky bamboo flooring.
You can damp mop your bamboo floor. However, don’t wet mop or steam mop your floor. Like any other-wood floor, water is no one enemy. It can lead to warping, buckling as well as cause cloudy haze or white stains as well as black stains on your wood floor.