Installing flooring materials require some precision cutting that may not be done by any other tool. Precision cutting is key when installing laminate and vinyl flooring for professional results whether you have hired a contractor or as a DIY person. I took the time to review some of the best professional floor cutter tools that give specialized cuts.
The vinyl laminate floor cutter tool gives you the ability to make specialized cuts that not necessarily require a straight line. These tools allow you to measure your flooring cuts precisely as well as avoid tearing and breaking your flooring materials. To get the best floor cutter check; blades, stability, durability, ease of use, cutting width, safety, price, and versatility.
The best floor cutter tools allow you to provide professional jobs as well as enhance customer or your own satisfaction for the high-quality laminate and vinyl flooring installation results.
Table of Contents
- The 8 Best Laminate Floor Cutters
- 1. Norske Tools NMAP001 13″ Laminate Flooring and Siding Cutter
- 2. EAB Tool 2100005 9″ Laminate Flooring Cutter
- 3. SKIL 3601-02 Flooring Saw with 36T Contractor Blade
- 4. ROBERTS 10-35 Laminate 8″ Cutter
- 5. Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw RK7323
- 6. Bullet Tools 9″ EZ Shear Sharpshooter Siding and Laminate Flooring Cutter
- 7. MantisTol 13” Laminate Flooring & Siding Cutter MC-330
- 8. Goplus Vinyl Floor Cutter, Laminate Flooring Cutter 8″ & 12″ Wide Floor
- Laminate Floor Cutters Consideration [+Buyer’s Guide]
The 8 Best Laminate Floor Cutters
Here are the top laminate floor cutters for flooring projects.
1. Norske Tools NMAP001 13″ Laminate Flooring and Siding Cutter
2. EAB Tool 2100005 9″ Laminate Flooring Cutter
3. SKIL 3601-02 Flooring Saw with 36T Contractor Blade
4. ROBERTS 10-35 Laminate 8″ Cutter
5. Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw RK7323
6. Bullet Tools 9″ EZ Shear Sharpshooter Siding and Laminate Flooring Cutter
7. MantisTol 13” Laminate Flooring & Siding Cutter MC-330
8. Goplus Vinyl Floor Cutter, Laminate Flooring Cutter 8″ & 12″ Wide Floor
Laminate Floor Cutters Consideration [+Buyer’s Guide]
It is good to look out for the following properties before buying any laminate floor cutter. They include:
To be able to make smooth and high precision cutting, you need to get a floor cutter with a high-quality blade (preferably tungsten steel). Tungsten steel material is easy to sharpen and strong enough for efficient cutting.
The laminate floor cutter needs to be re-sharpened after some time, selecting the best blade allows you to select a resharpening stone.
Consider how the cutter is built/constructed. The construction material determines the reliability and longevity. Get the floor cutter tool made from aluminum or heavy-duty stainless steel material.
Aluminum and stainless steel made cutters are sturdy, reliable, and very stable. In addition, get a tool with an ergonomic handle for good hand grip and easy cutting.
The cutting width of laminate floor cutters also needs to be considered. The best cutter should have different blade sizes for different width cuts. To be able to get the best cutter to choose the one that fits your needs, you can get between 8” to 13” cut width blades. Get a cutter that has a larger cutting depth and width.
Ease of use
Select your floor cutter carefully, check the weight. A too heavy model may reduce your efficiency. Too light may require you to put a lot of energy to work effectively. Select a model that fits your general needs. However, in many cases, electric cutters are easier to use than manual models.
The cost of the vinyl laminate cutter also is a factor to consider. Its good to note that expensive item doesn’t always translate to better quality and efficiency. Compare the price of the laminate floor cutter with its features to ensure it fits your need and budget. Get a floor cutter that is budget-friendly, yet durable, versatile, useful, and user-friendly.
Some laminate floor cutters are multipurpose and can be used on other floorings like hardwood, vinyl, bamboo, rubber, cork, linoleum, and tiles.