Steam cleaners provide a healthy friendly way to clean and kill 99.9% of bacteria common in households and floor surfaces. The steam cleaners provide a powerful combination of pressure, temperatures, and speed capable of loosening dirt particles, removing and prevent allergen formation on cleaned surfaces.
Steam cleaning leaves a safe environment for kids, pet lovers and allergen sufferers with a sign of relief.
Table of Contents
- 8 Top Best Steam Mops
- 1. Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop Floor Steamer 1940 (best for Sticky mess )
- 2. Shark team Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner with Swivel Steering XL Water Tank (best pocket-friendly)
- 3. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1(best versatile)
- 4. Bissell Steam Mop, Steamer Sapphire Powerfresh Deluxe(1806)
- 5. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer (Best Multipurpose)
- 6. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional Steam Mop7688ANW(Best Detachable)
- Benefits of Steam Cleaning your Hardwood Floor
- Selecting Steam Mops for Wood Floor: Considerations
8 Top Best Steam Mops
1. Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop Floor Steamer 1940 (best for Sticky mess )
- Convenient filling and storing
- Swivel steering
- Digital steam control, high medium and low modes.
- Suitable for all hard floors
- Easy scrubber brush
- Best for scrubbing away stick messes
- Has scented boost tray
- Continuous steam
- Big water tank 16oz
Bissel power fresh deluxe steam mop provides one of the easiest ways to tackle sticky floor messes. Power through tough sticky messes with a flip-down easy scrubber. The steam mops are fitted with digital steam control form three modes; low, medium and high.
The mop comes with microfiber soft pad, microfiber scrubby pad, spring fragrance discs, and carper glider. This makes it ideal to be used on different floors including hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, granite and marble flooring.
The Bissel power brush has flip-down easy scrubber brush to break even stubborn dirt quickly and easily leaving your wood floor sparkling.
2. Shark team Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner with Swivel Steering XL Water Tank (best pocket-friendly)
- Swivel steering.
- Large water tank.
- Sanitizes and clean with both sides
- Super Easy to assemble and use.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
Shark steam pocket hardwood floor cleaner is an impressive mop with a larger power cord for easy maneuvering. The steam mop is easy to assemble and use on your hardwood floor. It ranks among the top best mops versatile steam mops for hardwood floors.
The mop sanitizes and cleans your wooden floor with both sides. It has a big tank for longer span cleaning over the larger wood floor. For best results use distilled water. Distilled water boils faster than tap water which saves you time in the long run and power expenses.
3. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1(best versatile)
- Convenient detachable handheld unit.
- Child and Pet-friendly steamer.
- Multipurpose steam mop.
- Fast and effective steam cleaner.
- Versatile and functional.
The thermapro-10-in-1 steam cleaner is an effective and fast steam cleaner for your wooden floor. It is super easy to assemble and use a steam cleaner that can be used for cleaning and sanitizing your floor. It came with an excellent hand-held function for easy cleaning. The mop is able to get the dirt up better than many regular steam mops. The handheld part is more manageable making the floor cleaning better and leaving you wood floor sparkling.
The thermapro 10-in-1 steam cleaner is sturdy and well designed with a foldable handle for compact storage. The only not so good review is that the cleaning head does not make full contact with the floor surface.
4. Bissell Steam Mop, Steamer Sapphire Powerfresh Deluxe(1806)
- Easy refill with measuring cup
- Leaves refreshing spring scent as you clean
- Adjustable steam settings
- Washable Deluxe mop pad kit
- Swivel steering
- Spot-boost brush
- Lightweight 6lb
- Big water tank 16oz
Powerfresh Deluxe is among the best steam cleaner for scrubbing away sticky messes. It’s fitted with a spot-boost brush with the continuous steam jet. The steam mop comes with a detachable spot-boost brush that makes it the best steam mop for sticky messes on your sealed hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, granite, and marble floors.
It leaves your floor sanitized without the use of harsh chemicals. If you are scent lover, these steam cleaners have a spring breeze fragrance disc included to release the scent as you clean. It comes with a microfiber pad safe for cleaning hardwood floors, tile, ceramic, marble, granite linoleum ass well as sealed surfaces, vinyl floor, and bare floors.
5. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer (Best Multipurpose)
- Degrease and deodorize floor
- Powerful superheated steam
- Large tank capacity
- Steam cleaner boiler lifetime warrant.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Kills bacteria, viruses, pathogens, bedbugs, and mold.
The Dupray neat steam cleaner is a multipurpose heavy duty cleaner for hardwood floors. The mop comes with a large tank for up to 50 minutes of chemical-free cleaning. It has a 2yrs warranty with a lifetime steam cleaner boiler warranty. It comes with a retractable handle with a built-in funnel and smooth-rolling wheels safe for your floor.
It has a steam lock for continuous wood floor best cleaning and low moisture exposure to your hardwood floor. The cleaner is durable, sturdy, versatile, easy to assemble and use as well as best for deep cleaning your wooden floor. The mop can also be used for cars, and many other homes use.
Could bedbugs and mold be a problem in your home, look no further. The neat steam cleaner is efficient and kills bacteria, viruses, pathogens, bedbugs, and mold. It can easily remove grease, dirt, and stains easily from all types of floors, furniture, and car interiors. It one of the top best mop efficient, ultra-reliable do it all cleaner for your wooden flooring.
6. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional Steam Mop7688ANW(Best Detachable)
- Can be detached to hand-held
- Multipurpose steam cleaner
- Adjustable steam setting
Light n easy steam cleaner is one of the top-rated steam mops that is a multipurpose detachable mop cleaner. It utilizes steam power combined with variable o demand steam setting to quickly clean your sealed wood flooring, marble, tile, grout, ceramic, vinyl, and laminate flooring.
Light ‘N’Easy come with 1-year quality assurance plus replacement policy that makes it Wood floor best steam mops. The steam mop cleaner detaches into a separate hand-held steamer that can be used for garment wrinkle remover, upholstery refresher as well as bathroom and kitchen deep cleaning.
The light n easy mop is made from a durable material quality, versatile, easy to use for deep cleaning your hardwood floor.
Benefits of Steam Cleaning your Hardwood Floor
Is there any benefit of a steam cleaning wooden floor? Steam mops can help save a lot of time and effort when cleaning your wooden floor. Using a regular mop may not fit your wood cleaning needs and end up consuming a lot of time.
Steam cleaning your wood floor with the top best mops for the wood floor will be ideal and end up having many benefits like saving time, killing microorganisms that otherwise could have thrived on it. Here are some advantages of using a steam mop cleaner on your hardwood flooring.
Benefits of the steam cleaner.
- Quickly loosen dirt and clean.
- Eliminates accumulated ground scuffs.
- Leaves great scent with neatness.
- Chemical-free cleaning
- Leaves your floor allergen-free
- Kills 99.9% bacterial, mold and
- Best kid and pet-friendly cleaning.
- The floor dries faster than water cleaning.
Other Benefits of Multipurpose steam cleaners around your home
- You can sanitize Toothbrushes when someone’s sick.
- You can use it to remove paint from your tile.
- You can clean your floor carpets.
- Help to remove wrinkles from curtains and clothes.
- It can help sanitize Toys and Baby Gear.
- You can Steam Clean Mattresses.
- Can help you Removing Wallpaper.
- You can use it to Clean Grills.
- Can help control and eliminate bedbugs menace
Selecting Steam Mops for Wood Floor: Considerations
The best investment you can do for your hardwood floor is getting yourself a steam mop. But what are the things to look for when selecting a steam sweeper for your hardwood flooring? There are concerns about the use of steam mops on wood floor. To clear out these doubts, We took the time to do detailed reviews of steam mops for hardwood floors.
Steam mops are safe for sealed wooden floors. Select a low or medium setting to ensure the mop to ensure efficient cleaning with no or very minimal damage.
Below is some consideration to consider before buying a steam cleaner for the hardwood floor.
Can you use a steam cleaner on laminate flooring?
We don’t recommend use of steam cleaner on Laminate plank flooring. Steam mop uses water and high pressure that can seep in through the planks cracks. Such seepage would damage your laminate planks fiberboard core on your flooring causing laminate plank to swell, peel or even wrap. The extensive damage will call for total replacement of the damaged planks or even entire flooring in your room.
Can I steam mop luxury water resistant laminate floor?
Yes, laminate water resistant flooring have a water resistant coat that can handle water spills. The water resistant coating can prevent water seepage to the fiber core. But, you still need to wipe off any leftover water spell after steam mopping your floor to prevent potential damage. Select low heat or medium settings on your best steam mop.
Can I Use a Steam Mop On Laminate Sheet Vinyl Floors?
Yes with low heat setting you can safely steam mop your laminate sheet vinyl floor. Be careful to avoid over heating your floor, Remember they are usually held down with glue. If you heat a lot or spend a lot of time on a spot it may end up forming a large bubble on your floor that wont go away.
Are steam mops safe for the hardwood floor?
Steam sweeping is good for any wood flooring including laminate flooring. Steam cleaning however, is not recommended for use on unsealed wood flooring. Be gentle in your sweeping motions, going back and forth with the steam cleaner across each section of the hardwood floor.
Care need to be taken. Once you are finished its recommendable to go through your room, visually inspecting any leftover water. Clean such water immediately since letting it sit on your hardwood floor may sip in and damage your floor finish as well as the wood flooring.